Monday, October 25, 2010

The Presidential Candidate

I woke up listening to my alarm clock well the radio actually and its playing an old song that I don't know.
"Karen wake up! You're going to be late for school."
I listen to mom as she tries to get me up. I hate the morning I wish I could stay in and sleep. I pull the covers over my head in an attempt to go back to sleep. Then I hear the loud knocking on my door.
"Karen I said wake up." My mom opens the door and she pull the covers off of me, and she pulls the curtains open. The blinding sun came in and I cover my eyes with my left arm.
"Mom I need the curtains close I have to get back to sleep."
"No you don't. What you need is to get up its almost seven and you're going to be late for school." Shit I;m going to be late.
I grab a knee-length pink dress and grey cardigan out of the closet. My dress has ruffles at the bottom and my cardigan is a button up. I put them on at a lightning speed that would have put superman to shame.
I run downstairs and I grab a piece of toast from my mom plate.
"Hey get your own!"
"I can't Im in a hurry."  I went to the door and I slide into my heels today is going to be a good day I'm running for class president and Jeremy ask me out.  I finally have a date for prom.

No comments:

Post a Comment