Monday, December 7, 2009

WEEK 13

I think this right

*******************************************
my heart is beating fast and i can't stop this feeling that I have. Something is going to go wrong tonight and I can't help this feeling. Hi my name is Miranda Townsgrove, and I am a certified jewel thief. I have robbed many stores of their precious jewels and museums of their ancient jewels as well. I had to take a hiatus because of my last operation I did. You want to know what happen? Well it all started one night while I was at this club.
*****

"Are you Miranda?" I look at him-this handsome man that came up to me. He is smiling and a suit that depict his status. A status that said he was rich enough to afford anything and anyone for that matter.

"Yes I am. Who are you? I haven't seen you in here before. Do you have a name?" I walk up to him and put my manicure hand on his arm. I look down and I could see that his hand is tan. I look at his face and his eyes were a startling blue in color, and his blonde hair is part to the side. I like blondes especially the ones that look like models. This stranger rubs his hands in his hair and smile at me.

"My name is John. John O'Reily. I am the owner of O'Reily Hotels and I would like you to come and join me in the V.I.P. Room upstairs I would like to talk to you." I look at him and I gave him a smile that could melt butter. I like a guy who can tell me his name and title in one sentence. I took a sip of my drink and I follow Mr. O'Reily to the V.I.P. Room. We pass by people in the club who was dancing to some rock music. I hate nightclubs but it gives me peace of mind to be here. I like the music and the vibrations that distract me from the jobs that I get paid to do. I always go to clubs after I rob banks, or stores. It depends on the job, but it always the same. I rob a store and I come to any club in the vicinity. I know it's risky but I like the thrill of being here and almost getting caught. I love the excitement in the air and the thrill of having to change clothes in a rush. I am getting good at changing my clothes. I can go from being a red-head to a blonde within five seconds. If that isn’t a record I don’t know what is.

As we pass by two bodyguards my eye caught a reflection that pass behind me. I couldn’t tell who it was but, it look like a guy dress in black but I couldn't make the reflection out. I ignore it and I walk upstairs. The path was open and there was a picture on the wall of a sexual deity. I made my way upstairs and I take my seat on a sofa made of velvet. He sat by me and he pour wine in two glasses and he gave me one. I like wine it is my weakness, but I don't drink it. I had too many drinks tonight and I want to be sober when I walk back home.

"Miranda I take it you’re wondering why I ask you to come here." He looks at me with wonder in his eyes. It's bad enough that he is looking at my chest while he asks me that question, but I'm not wondering he might have heard of my reputation. How else is he suppose to know my name. I deal with different people on a daily basis but I tell them to keep what I do under wraps.

"No I do not, but I know what you're thinking. You want me to do a job for you. I'm right aren't I?" He laughs. It's deep and has sex appeal to it. It sent shivers down my spine.

"Mr. O'Reily you're not my usual customer I get. Why are you asking me to do a job for you? You run a hotel business, and a very successful one. Why would you want me to steal dimonds for you?" I already know it has to be diamonds because that is the request I always get. Mr. O’Reily shifts in his seat uncomfortably by me asking him these questions.

"It's not dimonds that I want you to steal. It's a valuable art piece from a museum in New York."

"New York? That's out of my job district." He must be kidding. I can't travel to New York. Even though I live in Chicago I will not go to New York. Nothing can make me go there.

"I will pay you handsomely. The sum will be of one hundred thousand dollars." I sip the glass of wine at the same time he said those words. I start to choke on my wine.
"One…. Hundred… thousand… dollars..?"

"As you can see I will pay you that much. The piece has value for me. It’s an art piece that belong to my family for generations and we donated the art piece to the New York museum a year ago. We told them that we are lending the piece and not giving it to them. I watch him as his expression took on a deeper sadness.

"Why aren't they giving you your piece back?" I look at him my body lending toward him. I was not trying to lend in too close because the dress I had was cut low in the middle and my breasts would be showing.

"They said that we sign documents stating that we were giving it to them, but we didn't. We specifically told the curator that the piece was a loan and we wanted it back after the end of its term. Last week we went to New York thinking that we were going to get the piece but no luck they turn us down. They said it was theirs. We tried calling lawyers but they said that the papers were legit and that it was our fault that we didn't we read the documents carefully." He bangs his fist on the table and it surprises me. The table chip and crack from the bang.

"Miranda I will take care of all the preparations you need. I will pay for your plane ticket and the hotel room in New York. I will give you a number that will have an untraceable number to my phone. I will call you periodically to see how you’re doing."

I look at him and I couldn't get a word in. He expects me to go with it. It’s tempting to do this job. My head hurts and it’s not from the information given to me. It’s from the bobby pins in my hair. I take them out and let my black hair fall on my shoulders. He looks at me in awe I can do that to any guy.

"I guess I will have to do this job since you're paying for it. I will leave tomorrow so I hope you can get a ticket." He look surprise, and he stammer.

“I… need… to….” He is surprise I can see that . His mouth drops open.

No comments:

Post a Comment