Sunday, December 5, 2010

Why I love writing

Reading is something I enjoyed since the age of twelve, but when I was in grade school I also wrote mini stories for my classes.  My first novel I picked up was a series called Nancy Drew.  Its about a young woman who solves mysteries for a living while going to school.  I gobble those books up with every line and page I read.   Than I became more advance and came up with the idea of writing a book.  When I was fifteen I wrote a short story called Galactic Jewel about a teenage princess who have to go across the galaxy to find nine jewels to save her planet.  I didn't win first place but I reread the book and revise it over the years.   I got writers block so I put it away and two years I look at it again and I thought to myself what was I thinking.  Part of the book was ramblings and the other was messed up with scribbles and scratches.

I put that book away and now I am writing mysteries which I love.  I found an outlet for my anger and put it in a book.   Last year I started writing this mystery book that has a dark and dangerous feel to it.  At that time when I was writing it I was in a depress mood and my healing process was through writing.  I didn't realized it would turn out to be a murder mystery, but hey isn't that what life about.  Expect the unexpected.

Now I realized that writing is my strong point and I need to focus on that to developed it and strengthen it as I go through schooling.  I can't wait to finish school and go on with life.  I believe everything happens for a reason and I take the good with bad, The bad with the good,

                                                          Sincerely Yours,

                                                                            Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment