Monday, October 19, 2009

Week 6-Vistation Blog

"Did you hear? Mannie's coming in for vacation." Sarah told Kristy.
"WHAT! Not Mannie. I hate Uncle Mannie."
"Sarah every time he comes over for vacation he always have to ask us for money. I dislike having to give him money." Kristy told Sarah. Kristy went into the kitchen with Sarah and took out the roast for the family dinner tonight.
"Kristy don't be rude he is family and family sticks together. If you had hard times I will do my best to help you."
"I know Sarah." Grandmother Ruth came into the kitchen. She has a cane in her hand and she walk with a slight limp. Her white hair in curls fames her face .
"Hi grandmother. How are you?"
Ruth looks up and smile. "I'm fine dearie. It's smells wonderful in here. How's the food coming along? What are we having this evening?"
"Well we are having a roast, mash potatoes, greens, and for dessert it is pecan pie."
"That sounds delicious."
"Grandma I have a question for you? It is about Uncle Mannie." Kristy need to ask her grandmother about what to do with Uncle Mannie. Sarah left the room because she did not want to listen to their conversation.
"Uncle Mannie is coming over to visit and I have a feeling he is going to ask the family for money."
"The family dear or is it about you." Her grandmother peer into Kristy's eyes. Ruth is a smart woman and she knows everything about the family.
"Well yes it is about me I dislike giving him money, because he always ask me first and I am sick and tire of giving him." Kristy said angrily.
"You shouldn't be like that because if you help someone else out and give to them than you will have a reward of ten times the amount. If you don't it's your choice but you are being selfish." Her grandmother put her hand on her shoulder. Her slender hand shows her veins and wrinkles of her age.
"Kristy I may be eighty years old but I know when someone does not want to give anything at all. I know it is hard for you since you lost your job, but trust me if you give back you will get your money back plus extra. Trust me I know. I been there."
Kristy look at her grandmother. She hate it when her grandmother is right. Sarah came into the room and grab the mash potatoes.
"Kristy Uncle Mannie is here and he need to talk to you." Sarah went into the dining room and set the table with the food.
Kristy walk into the dining room slowly. She felt like a little girl again. Uncle Mannie walk up to her and gave her a hug.
"Hi Kristy. I have miss you." He smell of cheap cologne.
"I miss you too." Kristy said without enthusiasm.
"I need to talk to you alone before we start to eat."
I knew this was coming. Kristy said to herself. They walk to the living room and they sat down on the couch.
"I know what you're thinking but I'm not here to ask you for money." Kristy mouth drop.
"I am here for the total opposite. I am here to give you a present. I have been gone for three years and I have not told no one in our family. I have been traveling around the world for three years going to country after country. I have stayed in China for a year and I absolutely love it. I am here now to give you this." He took out a box from his bag, and put it on the table. It was wrapped in some gold foil and she was afraid to open it.
"Go ahead and open it. I have spent time looking for this and I know you like Dragons so I brought it." Kristy grab the box and open it. She reach in and she pull out a crystal dragon.
"Oh my goodness. I like it thank you Mannie."
"I know I have been a pain but I want to give you something. I want to make up for all the money you given me over the years." Kristy hug him and start to cry.
"Aw don't cry. You know how that make me feel."
"O.k. Uncle Mannie I will treasure it. Now lets go eat. I am hungry."
"O.k. lets go." they walk into the dining room and start to eat with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment